[RELEASE] ShinTo Kernel “SecondReality” V40A01
CREDITS & THANK YOU
Without the hard work of everyone here (hope I don’t forget anyone!) ShinTo would not exist, so sincerest thank you to all of you that inspire countless people to follow your path!
– yank555 (many cool enhancements & Great GitHub!!)
– faux123 (also many cool enhancements & Great GitHub!!)
– myfluxi (amazing github with loads of patches!)
– Andreilux (Synapse app.)
– Civato for all kernel, Synapse & installer work!
– FrozenCow (DriveDroid Patch + App).
– CodeAurora contributors (too many great ppl contributing patches & enhancements).
– Megaflop666. (Amazing help & Beta Tester; he is everywhere! …superpowers?)
– Yoann. (Great beta tester & a pioneer!)
– All the great guys from “ShinTo Kernel” thread at XDA 🙂
– All the great guys from “ShinTo Kernel” thread at HTCMANIA 🙂
– Other great people all around the world that contribute Linux Kernel Patches!
Everyone else I might have forgotten, please let me know and I’ll update the post! 😉
Although I have been running this version of the kernel for about two weeks now as my daily driver, and I test everything in real life, I take no responsibility if the phone has an issue, scares your cat, drops the job interview call of your life or makes you fight with your neighbor 😉
Please don’t direct link the zip file.
If you would like to include ShinTo Kernel in your rom, you’re more than welcome; just give everyone credit and include PreCog.me as the site for ShinTo Kernel.
I really hope you enjoy ShinTo Kernel (as I have been), and I would advise you to subscribe to PreCog.me for more goodies to come (specialized software, articles, diy, news, etc)
ShinTo Kernel SecondReality V40A01 for N9005 (EUR/EUROPE). ShinTo Kernel SecondReality V40A01 for N900T (TMO/T-Mobile USA).
- Check previous sections “fixes / performance enhancements …”
- A lot more stuff that I forgot :p
- Synapse: mic volumes reset to -84 the first time you launch synapse but I have included code to reset it to 0. You only have to accept and it will reset to 0.
- Synapse: Fast charge; For values to stick across reboot, you HAVE to UNCHECK “FAILSAFE” at the bottom of the screen in “FAST CHARGE”.
- ShadowLED: Works without issues once you deselect led notifications from the ROM settings.
- Screen tone: At first boot, it may happen that the screen tone is washed; you just have to turn off the screen, wait a few seconds then on again and it’s fixed.
- VIPER4ANDROID: When you first start your phone, viper4android is off. To fix, you have to launch viper4android so it restarts it’s engine. That issue happens if you have eXpanD activated.
- Absolutely NO kind of support will be given here or at XDA if you happen to have any issue while you are Overclocked or Undervolted.
- If you encounter an issue then you will have to reset to stock manufacturer sanctioned settings (300 Mhz to 2.230 Mhz & stock voltages), remove ANY/ALL scripts in /etc/init.d/and reproduce the issue with all debugging turned on (Go to Synapse “SYSTEM DEBUG”).
- Once you reproduce the issue with stock settings, ZIP the two “ShinTo” log files in the root of your sdcard (/sdcard/) and send us a link to download said .ZIP file with a detailed description of your issue, Note3 model, rom name & version along with what you were doing when the issue happened.