[RELEASE] ShinTo Kernel v028a005 for NOTE 3 N9005
CREDITS & THANK YOU
Without the hard work of everyone here (hope I don’t forget anyone!) ShinTo would not exist, so sincerest thank you to all of you that inspire countless people to follow your path!
– yank555 (many cool enhancements & Great GitHub!!)
– faux123 (also many cool enhancements & Great GitHub!!)
– myfluxi (amazing github with loads of patches!)
– Andreilux (Synapse app.)
– CIVATO for all kernel, Synapse & installer work!
– FrozenCow (DriveDroid Patch + App).
– CodeAurora contributors (too many great ppl contributing patches & enhancements).
– Other great people all around the world that contribute Linux Kernel Patches!
Everyone else I might have forgotten, please let me know and I’ll update the post! 😉
Although I have been running this version of the kernel for about two weeks now as my daily driver, and I test everything in real life, I take no responsibility if the phone has an issue, scares your cat, drops the job interview call of your life or makes you fight with your neighbor 😉
Please don’t direct link the zip file.
If you would like to include ShinTo Kernel in your rom, you’re more than welcome; just give everyone credit and include PreCog.me as the site for ShinTo Kernel.
I really hope you enjoy ShinTo Kernel (as I have been), and I would advise you to subscribe to PreCog.me for more goodies to come (specialized software, articles, diy, news, etc) 😉
- ext4: return ENOMEM if sb_getblk() fails
- block: Don’t access request after it might be freed
- cifs: adjust sequence number downward after signing NT_CANCEL request
- ext4: fix possible use-after-free with AIO
- ext4/jbd2: don’t wait (forever) for stale tid caused by wraparound
- cifs: don’t instantiate new dentries in readdir for inodes that need …
- fuse: hotfix truncate_pagecache() issue
- fuse: readdir: check for slash in names
- perf tools: Fix cache event name generation
- perf tools: Remove extraneous newline when parsing hardware cache events
- cgroup: fix RCU accesses to task->cgroups
- perf: Fix hotplug splat
- workqueue: ensure @task is valid across kthread_stop()
- cifs: ensure that uncached writes handle unmapped areas correctly
- ARM: 7957/1: add DSB after icache flush in __flush_icache_all()
- ARM: 7953/1: mm: ensure TLB invalidation is complete before enabling MMU
- ext4: don’t leave i_crtime.tv_sec uninitialized
- ext4: fix online resize with a non-standard blocks per group setting
- ext4: don’t try to modify s_flags if the the file system is read-only
- mmc: core: add deferred resume support
- mmc: block: Remove call to mmc_blk_set_blksize
- ion: invalidate buffers before zero’ing
- msm: mdss: hdmi: add missing sentinel to of_match_table
- msm: mdss: optimize MDP pipes cleanup
- msm: mdss: Decimation and BWC cannot be enabled together
- msm: mdss: add bus bandwidth request enable/disable during get/free b…
- msm: mdss: synchronize wfd driver iommu mmap/munmap with mdss
- msm: pm: bug in pc debug counters logic
- cma: Remove potential deadlock situation
- cpufreq: interactive: delete timers for GOV_START
- msm: kgsl: Remove sscanf() from kgsl_pwrctrl.c
- slim-ngd: NULL pointer check for client buffer
- msm: pm: print active clocks before entering into pc
- msm: lpm_levels: remove rpm handshake in l2_gdhs mode
- diag: Add new polling command
- mmc: sdhci: retune on cmd or data CRC error
- ARM: 7837/3: fix Thumb-2 bug in AES assembler code
- ARM: add support for bit sliced AES using NEON instructions
- crypto: ablk_helper – Replace memcpy with struct assignment
- crypto: create generic version of ablk_helper
- ARM: move AES typedefs and function prototypes to separate header
- ARM: pull in <asm/simd.h> from asm-generic
- ARM: 7626/1: arm/crypto: Make asm SHA-1 and AES code Thumb-2 compatible
- ARM: 7723/1: crypto: sha1-armv4-large.S: fix SP handling
- defconfig: Enable NEON optimized crypto routines
- ARM: dts: msm: increase mdp dma priority to 3
- ARM: dts: msm: Add the hardware jack setting for all boards
- ARM: dts: msm8974: Configure micbias3 voltage to 2.7V
- ASoC: msm: qdsp6v2: Low latency mode for audio capture
- ASoC: wcd9320: Wait for enough time for Line PAs to get settled
- COSMETIC: In Settings > General > About Device, the kernel version shows as “unavailable”. FIXED!
- At the beta testing QA phase we had one case of issues with NFC. I myself don’t have any kind of issues and can read and write nfc tags, so let me know in the comments if you have issues. -> Issue is with N900T variants (US T-Mobile). European N9005 have no such issue. Next release should be fixed for N900T.