FIX Google Hangouts NO notification problem.
This is what I did:
- Go into Hangouts > Settings > [Your Account] > Hangout messages & invites.
- Unselect “Notifications”.
- Select again “Notifications”.
- Click on “Sound”.
- Select a random sound (whatever one) and click OK.
- Click again on “Sound”.
- Select the sound you would like (ex:Hangout Message) and click OK.
- Go back and do the same for “Video Calls”.
Now get completely out of the app and ask someone to send you a test chat.
Just for the sake of testing, be sure to close all other instances of Hangouts, like for example on a PC of web browser, just for this time to simplify debuging.
Once you start receiving again these glorious Hangouts notifications, fire up your PC and check if you receive them everywhere without issues.
PS: IT seems you might have to repeat this procedure everytime you update Google Hangouts app, until some nice googler fixes it.
Have you encountered this issue?
Have you been able to fix it in another way?
Did this post help you fix the issue?