[RELEASE] ShinTo Kernel “NewBorn” L09A06 for LP
CREDITS & THANK YOU
Without the hard work of everyone here (hope I don’t forget anyone!) ShinTo would not exist, so sincerest thank you to all of you that inspire countless people to follow your path!
– yank555 (many cool enhancements & Great GitHub!!)
– faux123 (also many cool enhancements & Great GitHub!!)
– myfluxi (amazing github with loads of patches!)
– Andreilux (Synapse app.)
– Civato for all kernel, Synapse & installer work!
– FrozenCow (DriveDroid Patch + App).
– CodeAurora contributors (too many great ppl contributing patches & enhancements).
– Megaflop666. (Amazing help & Beta Tester; he is everywhere! …superpowers?)
– carva74K. (Great beta tester from htcmania, GRACIAS!)
– Angelo. (Ossom enthusiam and help, THX!)
– Yoann. (Great beta tester & a pioneer!)
– All the great guys from “ShinTo Kernel” CLOSED THREAD at xda
– All the great guys from “ShinTo Kernel” thread at HTCMANIA 🙂
– Other great people all around the world that contribute Linux Kernel Patches!
Everyone else I might have forgotten, please let me know and I’ll update the post! 😉
Although I have been running this version of the kernel as my daily driver and I test everything in real life, I take no responsibility if the phone has an issue, scares your cat, drops the job interview call of your life or makes you fight with your neighbor 😉
Please don’t direct link the zip file.
If you would like to include ShinTo Kernel in your rom, you’re more than welcome; just give everyone credit and include PreCog.me as the site for ShinTo Kernel.
I really hope you enjoy ShinTo Kernel (as I have been), and I would advise you to subscribe to PreCog.me for more goodies to come (specialized software, articles, diy, news, etc)
ShinTo Kernel NewBorn L09A06 LP for N9005 (EUR/EUROPE). ShinTo Kernel NewBorn L09A06 LP for N900T (TMO/T-Mobile USA).
This new release of ShinTo Kernel includes the following :
- Huge eMMC bug fixes + upgrades & enhancements; I mean a TON of patches!
- Invested many hours in hunting down and fixing PrecoGOV bugs… some very sneaky :p
- Enhanced PrecoGOV (and activated some dormant algorithms), now at version 1.9.8
- Ported over Samsung MEA sources.
- Removed IntelliPlug (If you need to have IntelliPlug, I’d advise you to look elsewhere).
- We are still at BETA so you might have the occasional problem (or not).
- REMOVED UltrLow mode 268Mhz as there are some Note3 that don’t seem to like it much… For now I’m focusing on STABILITY.
It is compiled with latest available LINARO Toolchain GCC 4.9.3 compiled by the great Christopher83
- Synapse: mic volumes reset to -84 the first time you launch synapse but I have included code to reset it to 0. You only have to accept and it will reset to 0.
- Synapse: Fast charge; For values to stick across reboot, you HAVE to UNCHECK “FAILSAFE” at the bottom of the screen in “FAST CHARGE”.
- ShadowLED: Works without issues once you deselect led notifications from the ROM settings.
- VIPER4ANDROID: When you first start your phone, viper4android is off. To fix, you have to launch viper4android so it restarts it’s engine. That issue happens if you have eXpanD activated.
- N900T WIFI CALLING: Sorry guys, I haven’t had the time yet to look into it and see where the issue is. I hope to get it sorted out on time the release of L10A01.
- Absolutely NO kind of support will be given here if you happen to have any issue while you are Overclocked or Undervolted.
- If you encounter an issue then you will have to reset to stock manufacturer sanctioned settings (300 Mhz to 2.230 Mhz & stock voltages), remove ANY/ALL scripts in /etc/init.d/and reproduce the issue with all debugging turned on (Go to Synapse “SYSTEM DEBUG”).
- Please use the included SYSLOG APP, select ONLY the first two options and send the ZIP file/upload somewhere so I can have a look at it with a description of what you were doing, what happened and the kind of device, rom version and if you were using XPOSED or not.
- IF YOU HAVE ISSUES BUT CAN’T PRODUCE A VALID LOGFILE, DON’T BOTHER REPORTING THEM AS I CAN’T GUESS WHAT YOUR PROBLEMS ARE.