[RELEASE] ShinTo Kernel “ShuriKen” v30a001
CREDITS & THANK YOU
Without the hard work of everyone here (hope I don’t forget anyone!) ShinTo would not exist, so sincerest thank you to all of you that inspire countless people to follow your path!
– yank555 (many cool enhancements & Great GitHub!!)
– faux123 (also many cool enhancements & Great GitHub!!)
– myfluxi (amazing github with loads of patches!)
– Andreilux (Synapse app.)
– CIVATO for all kernel, Synapse & installer work!
– FrozenCow (DriveDroid Patch + App).
– CodeAurora contributors (too many great ppl contributing patches & enhancements).
– Megaflop666. (Amazing help & Beta Tester; he is everywhere! …superpowers?)
– Yoann. (Great beta tester & a pioneer!)
– Other great people all around the world that contribute Linux Kernel Patches!
Everyone else I might have forgotten, please let me know and I’ll update the post! 😉
Although I have been running this version of the kernel for about two weeks now as my daily driver, and I test everything in real life, I take no responsibility if the phone has an issue, scares your cat, drops the job interview call of your life or makes you fight with your neighbor 😉
Please don’t direct link the zip file.
If you would like to include ShinTo Kernel in your rom, you’re more than welcome; just give everyone credit and include PreCog.me as the site for ShinTo Kernel.
I really hope you enjoy ShinTo Kernel (as I have been), and I would advise you to subscribe to PreCog.me for more goodies to come (specialized software, articles, diy, news, etc) 😉
ShinTo Kernel ShuriKen v030a001 for N9005 (EUR/EUROPE). ShinTo Kernel ShuriKen v030a001 for N900T (TMO/T-Mobile USA).
- Multiple fixes & code enhancements to make ShinTo Kernel as stable as possible.
- Compiled with latest Linaro 4.9.2 2014 10.
- Added latest available F2FS for Samsung source & optimised for speed & AIO.
- ShinTo Kernel is now fully prepared to work with F2FS or EXT4: you can mix partitions to your liking and ShinTo Kernel will adapt and boot no matter what.
- ShinTo Kernel is running the latest 3.4.104.
- Running with some bleeding edge updates from upstream 3.10 3.15, etc.
- Intelligent fix for the Proximity Sensor getting stuck. If you have this issue, you know how frustrating it can be. I’ve added code that will detect and fix it on the fly so you actually won’t even notice that you have it.
- Improved response time of the magnetic sensor YAS532: now it should be even faster in reacting.
- Greatly improved sleep times & performance.
- Updated BT drivers to latest stable.
- Introduced fine grained scalar frequencies so the governor can select the best frequency for the workload.
- Introduced ultra low 268Mhz frequency for ultra low power consumption (those who know how to undervolt will appreciate it).
- Improved fluidity across the board. It should be even better than v29a001.
- Reduced battery drainage even further by optimising core transition states & retention modes.
- Reworked battery manager to be more intelligent when in sleep mode.
- Optimised freezer & suspend mode to give ShinTo Kernel a sleep rate of 95+ % without affecting any kind of functionality (that means everything turned ON).
- Added resiliency mode where ShinTo Kernel will try to continue working even when it encounters some Oops.
- Added option to Enable/Disable Android Logcat.
- Added option to Enable/Disable Android Logcat when in suspend : Disable when suspended, Enable when screen on.
- Improved Adreno GPU driver code and increased compiler optimisations.
- Across the board compiler optimisations to whole code path should be yielding about 10% increase in code efficiency compared to v29a001.
- Changed some low level ARM assembly code to how the cache lines in the cores is managed and the change is dramatic.
- Changed memory read/write/copy routines to some very highly optimised ones in assembly (do you know our note3 RAM can do 4 Gbytes/s r/w?!)
- Improved bus speed across the board for slimbus, memory & cpu.
- Added option to fast resume processes that are waking up from deep sleep; instead of waking everything up, it just wakes up the bare minimum, does the job and goes back to sleep = more battery time & more suspend time.
- Reworked & added a ton of features to Synapse, so you will be able to play all day long 😉
- Added code that will improve UKSM while the system is sleeping by using deferred timers and also while the system is under load.
- Added dynamic read ahead so it adjusts to your usage pattern.
- Enabled option to toggle EMMC CRC SPI so you can increase the speed of the EMMC by up to 30%.
- Added system wide power efficient queues for the scheduler so it is now aware and works with a better strategy to save even more power.
- Updated Intel-Hotplug to v3.8 thx to Faux123 & Yank555.lu
- Added Google Snappy compression.
- Updated & optimised the Writeback caching algorithm.
- Introduced PM (Power Manager) suspend state “FREEZE”.
- Updated RWSEM from upstream Linux 3.10 with a bunch of optimisations.
- Added a bunch of optimisations to code path to increase the performance of EXT4.
- Optimised TCP/IP networking stack.
- A long list of mm & oom code fixes and optimisations.
- Big optimisation to SELinux code path to make it a LOT faster.
- Added option to use Android device as USB KEYBOARD/MOUSE thx to Pelya & an ON/OFF switch thx to Dorimanx.
- Updated some code paths to use vfp:hard (use the hardware floating point).
- Updated alarm timer code to up to date & removed RTC deprecated alarm driver.
- ARM ACPUCLK has now heavy used functions inlined so it improves performance noticeably.
- Improved GPU wake up to only do so when there’s touch input (should help with battery).
- A bunch of BCMDHD (wireless) updates, bug fixes and optimisations.
- BCMDHD is more sleep friendly now.
- Configured EMMC (both internal & external) with deferred wakeup (Faster wake up from suspend and nicer to battery).
- A lot more stuff that I forgot :p
- If MODEM crashes it crashes ShinTo Kernel with a sudden reboot.
-> Code fix passed Q&A & confirmed working :: TBR in v30a002.
- Some people are hitting an issue where the screen phone doesn’t turn on from deep sleep, but the phone is still responsive.
-> Research stage of code fix.
- Absolutely NO kind of support will be given here or at XDA if you happen to have any issue while you are Overclocked or Undervolted.
- If you encounter an issue then you will have to reset to stock manufacturer sanctioned settings (300 Mhz to 2.230 Mhz & stock voltages) and reproduce the issue.
- Once you reproduce the issue with stock settings, I advise you to download “Syslog” from playstore HERE and send us a complete logset with the description of your issue, the Note3 model, rom name & version.