[RELEASE] ShinTo Kernel v026a004 for NOTE 3 N9005
CREDITS & THANK YOU
Without the hard work of everyone here (hope I don’t forget anyone!) ShinTo would not exist, so sincerest thank you to all of you that inspire countless people to follow your path!
– yank555 (many cool enhancements & Great GitHub!!)
– faux123 (also many cool enhancements & Great GitHub!!)
– myfluxi (amazing github with loads of patches!)
– Andreilux (Synapse app.)
– CIVATO for all kernel, Synapse & installer work!
– FrozenCow (DriveDroid Patch + App).
– CodeAurora contributors (too many great ppl contributing patches & enhancements).
– Other great people all around the world that contribute Linux Kernel Patches!
Everyone else I might have forgotten, please let me know and I’ll update the post! 😉
Although I have been running this version of the kernel for about two weeks now as my daily driver, and I test everything in real life, I take no responsibility if the phone has an issue, scares your cat, drops the job interview call of your life or makes you fight with your neighbor 😉
Please don’t direct link the zip file.
If you would like to include ShinTo Kernel in your rom, you’re more than welcome; just give everyone credit and include PreCog.me as the site for ShinTo Kernel.
I really hope you enjoy ShinTo Kernel (as I have been), and I would advise you to subscribe to PreCog.me for more goodies to come (specialized software, articles, diy, news, etc) 😉
- mutex: Make more scalable by doing less atomic operations.
- mutex: Queue mutex spinners with MCS lock to reduce cacheline contention
- mutex: back out architecture specific check for negative mutex count
- block/Kconfig.iosched: disable test I/O scheduler
- tspdrv: remove dmesg log spam
- cpufreq: Resolve CPUFREQ_NOTIFY issue
- msm:rq_stats: Register for Cpufreq policy notification
- freezer: shorten freezer sleep time using exponential backoff
- freezer: skip waking up tasks with PF_FREEZER_SKIP set
- freezer: add new freezable helpers using freezer_do_not_count()
- binder: use freezable blocking calls
- epoll: use freezable blocking call
- select: use freezable blocking call
- futex: use freezable blocking call
- nanosleep: use freezable blocking call
- sigtimedwait: use freezable blocking call
- af_unix: use freezable blocking calls in read
- SCHEDULER: Autogroup patch group by current user android UID instead
- random: fix up sparse warnings
- random: make ‘add_interrupt_randomness()’ do something sane
- random: use lockless techniques in the interrupt path
- random: create add_device_randomness() interface
- random: use the arch-specific rng in xfer_secondary_pool
- random: add new get_random_bytes_arch() function
- random: add tracepoints for easier debugging and verification
- random: remove rand_initialize_irq()
- random: Add comment to random_initialize()
- random: mix in architectural randomness in extract_buf()
- random: fix debug format strings
- random: prime last_data value per fips requirements
- random: make it possible to enable debugging without rebuild