[RELEASE] ShinTo Kernel “MartyMcFly” L09A08 for 5.x.x
CREDITS & THANK YOU
Without the hard work of everyone here (hope I don’t forget anyone!) ShinTo would not exist, so sincerest thank you to all of you that inspire countless people to follow your path!
– yank555 (many cool enhancements & Great GitHub!!)
– faux123 (also many cool enhancements & Great GitHub!!)
– myfluxi (amazing github with loads of patches!)
– Andreilux (Synapse app.)
– Civato for all kernel, Synapse & installer work!
– FrozenCow (DriveDroid Patch + App).
– CodeAurora contributors (too many great ppl contributing patches & enhancements).
– Megaflop666. (Amazing help & Beta Tester; he is everywhere! …superpowers?)
– carva74K. (Great beta tester & takes care of ShinTo Kernel’s thread @ htcmania, GRACIAS!)
– Darkera13 (Amazing work on the 5.1.1 for the Note3, congratulations & thank you!).
– Danivancouver (Inmenso trabajo en la rom y sus mil y una personalizaciones y tweaks!!!).
– Silitek (An all around ossom guy that is always positive and helping everyone!).
– Mi pandilla de testers locos del Telegram (Roki, Gera, Sergio, Rafa, Jaime, Dani) 😉
– Pringaguardias (siempre atento y testeando las combinaciones más alocadas, GRACIAS!)
– Angelo. (Ossom enthusiam and help, THX!)
– Yoann. (Great beta tester & a pioneer!)
– All the great guys from “ShinTo Kernel” CLOSED THREAD at xda
– All the great guys from “ShinTo Kernel” thread at HTCMANIA 🙂
– Other great people all around the world that contribute Linux Kernel Patches!
Everyone else I might have forgotten, please let me know and I’ll update the post! 😉
Although I have been running this version of the kernel as my daily driver and I test everything in real life, I take no responsibility if the phone has an issue, scares your cat, drops the job interview call of your life or makes you fight with your neighbor 😉
Please don’t direct link the zip file.
If you would like to include ShinTo Kernel in your rom, you’re more than welcome; just give everyone credit and include PreCog.me as the site for ShinTo Kernel.
I really hope you enjoy ShinTo Kernel (as I have been), and I would advise you to subscribe to PreCog.me for more goodies to come (specialized software, articles, diy, news, etc)
ANDROID 5.1.1 ONLY !!!!
ANDROID 5.0.x ONLY !!!!
*Most people don’t even bother to read the instructions and then accuse ShinTo Kernel of all their problems.
Hint1: if you have lag then you haven’t selected PRECOGNITION GOVERNOR…
Hint2: ShinTo Kernel doesn’t install anything in init.d folder but it seems some ppl accuse ShinTo Kernel of putting something in init.d …
Hint3: No, Darkera DID NOT FIX the “Video Flickering” issue; I gave him my code/fix and walked hin through it (over Telegram) so he could have it and finally get over that problem… again, it’s a ROM problem and has nothing to do with the kernel.
Hint4: If you are having instabilities/reboots then stop messing with settings, voltages and/or overclocking oh and stop installing every single script/tweak/magical unicorn you find out there.
Hint5: Sadly, Synapse is needed for some specific ShinTo Kernel settings that no other tool knows about.
Hint6: That Syslog “crap” that ShinTo Kernel installs is used to grab the logs when there’s a legitimate issue so I can have a look and fix what needs to be fixed. Some ppl just love to bitch about everything and help with nothing.
Hint7: Some ppl complain that ShinTo Kernel has a lot of settings and they prefer something easy and simple… well, ShinTo Kernel is clearly NOT FOR EVERYONE!
I had enough of all the false bullshit some “knowledgeable” (ie: they don’t have a clue) people are spreading through xda.
This new release of ShinTo Kernel includes the following :
- Finally at the bleeding edge of Linux kernel with 3.4.109
- PrecoGOV @ 2.5.0.
- A bunch of stability fixes and nasty hidden bugs (oh pedantic GCC !).
- A crapload of stuff that I don’t even remember right now as I wasn’t planning on doing a public release so soon…
- FIX for the VIDEO FLICKERING issue on DARKERA ROM 5.1.1 (again it’s a NOTE5 rom issue).
- NO IT DOES NOT FIX ALL THE OTHER _APP/ROM_ ISSUES… use other apps for those special video/camera modes…
It is compiled with LINARO Toolchain GCC 4.9.3 compiled by the great Christopher83
- Synapse: mic volumes reset to -84 the first time you launch synapse but I have included code to reset it to 0. You only have to accept and it will reset to 0.
- Synapse: Fast charge; For values to stick across reboot, you HAVE to UNCHECK “FAILSAFE” at the bottom of the screen in “FAST CHARGE”.
- ShadowLED: Works without issues once you deselect led notifications from the ROM settings.
- VIPER4ANDROID: When you first start your phone, viper4android is off. To fix, you have to launch viper4android so it restarts it’s engine. That issue happens if you have eXpanD activated.
- N900T WIFI CALLING: Sorry guys, I haven’t had the time yet to look into it and see where the issue is. I hope to get it sorted out on time the release of L10A01.
- There’s NO SUPPORT ANYMORE. If you have an issue or think that ShinTo Kernel is the reason your boss hates you, I URGE YOU TO UNINSTALL, install some other kernel and go bother them.