[RELEASE] ShinTo Kernel v028a004 for NOTE 3 N9005
Welcome to the current official release of the ShinTo Kernel series.
Please get latest release from HERE
Why name the Kernel “ShinTo”?
To me it has the meaning of “Study of the Essence” (to achieve) “The Way of The Gods” as, to me, ShinTo Kernel is a way to learn and become an expert.
Also the name just sounds very “catchy” 🙂
What is the heritage & roots of ShinTo Kernel?
ShinTo Kernel builds on top of original code that is based on SAMSUNG NF1-NF4 kernel source and CIVATO’s excellent KK_Xplorer (rev1.5) .
It currently includes all of the work by CIVATO (FORUM) upto & including rev 1.5
Please check his forum to know what is already included before ShinTo Kernel enhancements.
I would like to thank CIVATO for all his guidance and kindness!
Why create ShinTo Kernel?
I needed to extend the already great CIVATO kernel to suit my needs and also to further my kernel experimentation & learning.
I’m the kind of perfeccionist guy that can’t stay put and always strives to make things perform at their peek.
We all know that with Android there’s still a lot of work to be done to make the OS perform at it’s peek.
It’s not a matter of more hardware, more power, more cores, more memory, more …
You can have the best hardware but if the software can’t take advantage of it then …
we all know the result.
As I get more proficient in C Kernel coding, I will be adding my (revolutionary) ideas to make ShinTo push the envelope of our NOTE 3’s so I would advise you to subscribe and keep an eye at PreCog.me 😉
How to install ShinTo Kernel?
- First CREATE A BACKUP OF YOUR ROM (in case something awful happens and you need to restore)!
- Did you create the backup in recovery?
- Go to recovery mode (Power off phone / Once powered off, press PWR + HOME + UP VOL).
- Once inside recovery (tested with TWRP 220.127.116.11) you select install and choose the .ZIP that you have previously downloaded from here.
- Once installed, reboot into normal mode and wait for the phone to come up.
One thing you will notice right out of the bat is that the led starts to blink in different colors and brightness; that’s ShadowLED working for ya 😉
How to UNinstall ShinTo Kernel?
- Delete (with root) the following files from
- Now you can flash any other kernel you like from recovery.
Alternatively you can recover the backup of your rom if you messed something up.
On what models does ShinTo Kernel work?
For the time being, it has been confirmed to run very fast & stable on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 (international SnapDragon), on a NF4 Samsung TouchWiz rom.
It is only meant to work on Samsung TouchWiz roms.
It is has been tested running stable with the following :